Thursday, September 24, 2009

@ 15

In the car on the way to school.
Colten "Do you feel taller today? When I was little I thought you only grew on your birthday." So yesterday Jared turned fifteen.
It was an exceptionally good day for the boy.
Well, minus the fact he had to go to school...

(Where he got in trouble for telling the teacher he can "concentrate better when he doesn't have to urinate"...but that's another story. Urinate apparently is a vulgar word.)

I brought him lunch. Tropical Smoothie Cafe. (his favorite)
We got a cookie cake to take to youth group.
And when we picked him up from youth,
we went to his favorite restaurant for dinner.
Fujis. (Japanese steak house)

Jared is cracking up here, not just because they're singing to him...
but because they're referring to him as "Jerry"..."Deck the harrs with boughs of horry, fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra."
"No, no, not 'ra ra ra ra', 'la la la la'! Try again."
"Deck the harrs with boughs of horry, fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra."
"No, no! Sing something else."
"Jingre bers, jingre bers, jingre arr the way. Oh what fun it is to ride in a one-horse open sreigh!"

Got to love A Christmas Story...

Then home for presents.

Again, notice he is cracking up here...
Not at the street (soccer) ball his brothers got him...
he LOVED that.
but at the bag that came with the ball....because it said ball sack...
which I'm not sure if you're aware is hilarious to a certain someone named Jared...Reading the card his favorite mom made him...
You know the card I make him every year that tells him how wonderful I think he is...how smart...how handsome...how nice....
All that stuff moms should tell their kids...
When we went to the mall to pick up his cheesecake...
(Yes. I said it...to pick up the cheesecake. I opted to let Cheesecake Factory make this one for me...they do such a nice job...and I...well, don't.)
We were in Barnes and Noble and he saw a book he wanted that I wouldn't let him get...
He figured out why right here...
when he opened the book.
Ohhhh...that's why....
Hmmm....this bag is "heavier then I expected" says Jared. That's because it was filled with individually wrapped water bottles.
Voss....SmartWater....Evian....Aquafina.... Luckily...he found this rather funny.
I told him he would get water.
Then the scavenger hunt for the "big" present.
Jack loves this the best.
When it's his birthday sometimes you ask what he wants
and he just says a scavenger hunt.One clue.
leads to another clue.
which leads to another...
(repeat 12+ times)
and then you find your present.
This year Jared found Fiji water.
Here he is looking to see if he missed the real present.I didn't make him suffer long.
A few minutes later I gave him his present...
He is saying "YESYESYES" here in case you can't hear him...
Yes.
He got an IPOD touch...
Grandma, Grandpa, Gaga, Aunt Gabby, Uncle Mike, Evan, Mom and Dad all pitched in....
and let me just say it was a HUGE hit.
Aunt Erin and Uncle Pete even sent a giftcard to load it up right...
He was thrilled.Not sure what was left to wish for...
Maybe that his mom would have removed the waxed paper from the cheesecake?Cheesecake, strawberries, hot fudge, carmel, nuts, whipped cream...
and happy.
Told you it was a good one...

Happy 15th Birthday Jared.
We love you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - we don't know each other - I'm just a fan of your scrapbooking style/blog, but I just wanted to say I think you are a great mom! It's so obvious how much you love your family and what a fun and super mother you are to those boys. Love to see that in this day and age! :-) Sue

sarah said...

e!!! what a fun birthday!
i LOVE LOVE LOVE that you wrapped up water. perfect and fun! you DID say he would get water :)

what a fun surprise that must have been for him to get the ipod!

YAY for jerry's 15th birthday!
:)

xx.
p.s. i ALMOST asked you how the cheesecake making was going the other day in my email. you're a smart lady. leave the cheesecakes to the professionals ;)

essie said...

oh my goodness-
j is 15.
for real.
we love you all so so SO much!
happy birthday jared!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Missy said...

That is an AWESOME birthday.
Love the scavenger hunt (i may steal that)...
Happy birthday, Jared!!

tara pp said...

Happy Birthday Jared. YOu truly are a beautiful boy! I hope you had a wonderful perfect day! It sure sounds like it!
Tara

Audrey said...

Looking at these pictures just put a huge smile on my face, E! love seeing how much fun and love there is in these photos -- love seeing Jared crack up at the water bottles. I wanna know what book you got him?

And the pic of all three boys checking out the touch? perfect.

Happy Birthday Jared!