Friday, February 02, 2007

Van-less in Ohio

Well...it didn't snow on Wednesday.

"Funny" story.
The van was suppose to go on the truck w/ all of the rest of my home....
It didn't fit.
The menfolk tried to make it fit...they sat and stared at the van, and the very large moving truck, and the belongings of mine that were spread all across my front lawn...
they stared for a loooong time.
and that didn't make the van fit in the large truck.

I said, hey guys...how about putting the van on a different truck?!?
(Duh)

So the van was to arrive on a different truck....
That my friends was suppose to be on Wednesday. (the day of no snow)
However....
they let us know on Monday the van wouldn't be able to be delivered until....
get this...
......
February 12th.

Kid you not.

This is only made worse because in all of our brilliance...
Colin and I decided that to make room for the boys in OUR truck for the trip here...we'd pack half our clothes in the van.

It's almost ridiculous....isn't it???
Yeah...
this is my life.
xe

7 comments:

RACHEL =) said...

Oh my gosh Erika, that's awful!! So sorry =( WELCOME TO OHIO!!

And I didn't know you were already HERE!! Doh! So excited to meet up - let me know if you need help with anything!!

sarah said...

oh e...
that's horrible.
:(
how does it take 12 days to get a van from NC to OH anyway?
crazyness...

essie said...

okay...it sounds like you are channeling Harrison Mojo!

sahwee, sahwee, sahwee!

so, NC isn't the same without you, and everywhere I go I see Siennas and Red Expeditions-no coincidence!

Next time I'll check to make sure the Sienna isn't YOURS!

WE MISS YOU!!!
stay warm
xoxox
e2

Mara said...

oh e...
that's poop.
xo.

Anonymous said...

Eeeek! You've moved and I had no idea... has it really been THAT long since I've checked in?? GOOD LORD! Sorry sweets... and I'm sorry to hear about your moving woes. Hope it's smooth sailing from here on out. And I promise to visit your blog more frequently too. :) Hugs girlie!

gabbyfek said...

oh man alive...
you know this makes me lulubird for you.....
but it did make me say man alive for you... because i know you missed it.
it is officially time for you to come back.
i miss you.
so much.
come home.
love you.
xoxoxo,
g

darcy said...

Poopy. I hope the rest of your moving will go smoother!!