Wednesday, April 19, 2006

For Erin....


So Miss Keener's last t-ball post....made me remember our last season.
I'm not really a baseball fan.
(at all)
BUT...when it's your kids playing...you'll cheer for them even if it's badmiton. (you will)
And there is something about the baseball outfits....they are so cute in them. The ugly polyester pants somehow look adorable...
the hats?!? omg....
and they chew gum, which just adds to the whole cute-factor for me...
then there is the actual game.
See, in soccer...the game is non-stop...
they run, and they run...and they run some more.
T-ball is different.
Outfield for a bunch of four year olds?!?!? FORGET IT.
It is hysterical.
Because they're bored, and they all want the ball.
Jack also had a little girl that thought he was hers.
So, they got in all kinds of trouble...
At first she thought he was a girl, because his hair was "too pretty"...
OF course she figured it out, the other parents...
"oh look at her...in't she sweet......
OH Lord, she can hit...did you see that little girl hit?!?!?
Come on sweetheart....bring it home...."
yeah...
The thing about Jack is...he really "gets the game"
He understands how it's suppose to work....
grant it, he's dealing with a whole bunch of kids that would rather dig in the sand...
but he is quite serious about the whole thing...
and he slides each and every time...
which makes me laugh outloud...
Colten is moving up to the "big kids" team this season...
so they won't be playing together for the first time.
I'm anxious for the season to start again....
I love the late nights at the ballfield...there's just something about it...
can't describe...
but i like it..
sans the second hand smoke.....
something i find really lovely about it.
SO, prepare for many new pictures in about a month....

I leave you w/ this easter shot...
you know,
i was just trying to get a cool in the mirror w/ the camera shot...
but i had a slight distraction...
yeah, i did. HA!!! xxxe

19 comments:

gabbyfek said...

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
that's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
leaping through the photo op
yup
hahahahahahahahaha.
love you, sisser.
and your cutie boys.
and their mad sport skillz.....
xoxoxo,
g

sarah said...

oh my...
I LOVE that picture of Gabby "leaping" through the photo.
It couldn't be more perfect!

xoxox

Anonymous said...

You know you never spoke so highly about coming to watch out of shape adults play softball. I guess it is OK you like the kids' games better than mine. They are much cuter in their uniforms than I am.

Mara said...

love that pic of you with gabs.
and the pic of colten and jackers...
you = cool.
one cool mama.
seriously.
i hope i'm as cool as you when i am a mommy.
xo.

Missy said...

hee hee!! I LOVE THAT PHOTO of you two... Cracking me up. Seriously.

caroline said...

hahah i love that shot of you&gabby
and those sports shots are cuuuute.

Michelle W. said...

cuteness!!!

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hee-hee! Love that pic of Gabby jumping through you photo... too funny! :)

k photography said...

you and Gabby. seriously you two make me SMILE.

not to mention the baseball...love the tiny kiddos taking things 'seriously'...too cute.

K

Jamie said...

I LOVE that shot of you with Gabby in the background!!! It's AWESOME! Good stuff. :)

Those pictures are so precious. Could those boylies be any cuter?!?!

Chares Square Co-op said...

look at that gabbalicious blur!
heeheehee...she cracks me up...
and you are just damn gorgeous!
scrap it. now. or let #10 scrap it.
love the t-ball action.
i played t-ball.
me & jack have stuff to talk about.
happy friday!
wheeee!
xog2
ps word verifier = gumyz (gummies!)

darcy said...

Is that GABBY?? I should even guess.. you guys are way cute..

Almost as cute as your cutie-head boys!!! Seriously, those are the best pictures of them!! Hope they play again this summer so we can see more pics. =)

RACHEL =) said...

LOVE all the cutie t-ball pics!! Makes me want a boy sooooooooo badly!!!!! And I LOVE Colin's comments, ha ha!

Shame on Gabby for distracting you while trying to take a picture of yourself!!! tee hee =)

Sarah said...

Bwah-HA!!!!! I love that photo!
And the baseball stuff.
There is something about a field at night. I don't know what or why.

I'm sure Colin's games were magical too!! ;)

Anonymous said...

that photo of you is awesome! lol!!silly, that sister of yours.

-moon

Amber said...

oh my.
that is some professional leaping right there. i give her a 9....the only reason she didn't get a 10...well..i don't know.
BUT.
a nine-er is really damn good. :o)

Anonymous said...

i love the jack attack all over the field!
oh how i wish he could play with my boys!
they'd be the bestest buds.
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,
gabby...
silly thang!

Anonymous said...

Holy sheat - is that you? Is that E?

Love those baseball shots...I think I did a layout with one of them. :)

Anonymous said...

shoot - that was me before...Not trying to look stalkerish by posting anon.