Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Make Small ART....

that's their motto anyway...
and I think it's a pretty good one.

a group of talented friends living in NYC...
most of which I went to high school with...
one which I'm proud to call a best friend...
they made a film..
about prom in our hometown...
it's pretty cool...
this is my shameless plug for that movie....
which is out on DVD today...
if nothing else...
check out OVO...
they're pretty cool...
(love you Karen)....

btw...HOW COOL WAS MY PROM???
(not the one in the movie...but well, you get the idea)
seriously....
xe

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY raves:
"In the affectionate documentary The World's Best Prom, members of the OVO art collective head to Racine, WI to capture their hometown's jittery excitement as the community gears up for this annual happening. They follow three very different seniors — a football player, Ben; a warmhearted artist, Tonya; and a frank Catholic schoolgirl, Dori — to the citywide prom, where teens from seven local high schools arrive in showy rides to glam it up on a red carpet. Prom captures their adolescent insight with wit and compassion. In cheddar's heartland, you might expect this full-on embrace of cheese, but you'll be surprised to find yourself cheering along."

8 comments:

RACHEL =) said...

How cool!! So awesome for them to have made this film, and for it to become so big already!!!! And the fact that you know them is even cooler!! =)

sarah said...

Okay, so I only had 2 movies coming to me from Netflix - I was having a hard time finding a 3rd...so I just went there to try and put it in my queue so I'd have 3 movies this weekend but when I added it, it said "short wait"! Good for your friends (that it's popular), bad for me cause I have to wait to see it . . . :(

xoxox

Anonymous said...

that's totally cool e,
i'll have to check it out.
and i'm loving me some jack johnson!

gabbyfek said...

holy freaking crap.
we HAVE to see this.
i need it now.
makes me want to join netflix. although, i giggle that it's ON netflix...
good ol' raytown.
raise the roof.
hee.
prom.
giggling so much.
xoxoxoxo,
g

Missy said...

mmmmmmmmmm intruiging...
thanks for giving me ONE MORE THING TO WATCH!!

Mara said...

hold on, this is on netflix?!
oh my.

angieoh! said...

How fun. From one Wisconsinite to another - I am glad they didn't make the "cheddar" people lame. Thanks for sharing!

Sarah said...

That is soooo cool!!!! But only better if YOU were the star.