Thursday, March 30, 2006

Gorgeous boy....

I feel like I scrapbook this one more....but it's only because he's home with me...
and he's still at that age of ridiculous-ness & gives me fantastic quotes...
I wish I could go back and remember all the boys at this age...
I never wrote things down....too "busy".....thought I'd remember...
of course....
I don't....

His birthday was the day after Alex died.
It was very surreal that day for me.....
I wanted it to be as normal as possible because he'd looked so forward to it....
counting the days down for months....
and he had elaborate plans for us.
So..
we did them all.
The bowling...the lunch....the shopping at the skate shop....the movie....
it was ...absurd as it sounds.... a lovely day.
Just us....
my baby on his special day...
healing me without even realizing it.
Looking back I think....I should have mourned then....not celebrated....
but then I remember that time with Jack, and I know it was ok...


***ETA....Well....

it's now time for me to retire....

my five year old is turning out better layouts than i am...... ;) xxxe

13 comments:

Jamie said...

He is such a gorgeous little guy! How sweet! I'm glad you made his birthday as normal as possible, I think it was good for the both of you. Big (((((HUGS))))) going out to you and your sweet boy. :)

sarah said...

it was SO okay . . .
he's such a sweet boy.
I'm glad you were able to give him his birthday the way he wanted it.
I think it was what you both needed.

xoxox

gabbyfek said...

love that kid.
so much.
that time was so surreal... and you both deserved the day you had.
love you.
and my boylies.
including colin.
xoxo,
g

Mara said...

It is 100% ok.
Alex wouldn't have wanted you to miss out on that celebration.
She loved those boys...
You are mourning in your own way.
And that's a good thing.
XO.

gabbyfek said...

oh crap.
JACK!
this is the best layout i've seen in sooooooooooo long... i love everything you used... this is a fantastic layout! does this mean you're going to scrap w/ me the next time i see you???
i hope so!
cuz you are soooooooooooooo good at this...
i love you, jack jack!
xoxoxo,
aunt gabby

Chares Square Co-op said...

your day sounds like pure heaven.
awesome awesome stuff.
love you...xoxog(2)

Missy said...

oh my goodness.
that page is FANTASTIC
I love the backwards C.
so so so cute.
you are so so so cute.
I'm thinking about you, sweets.

Anonymous said...

it is ok that you gave jack his special day,
absolutely ok.
cuz your a mommy and you put their needs before your own.
that's just what we do.
we can't help it.
and i love that you let him do his own lo.
i'm gonna start sculpting that mommy of the year trophy for you right now!

Anonymous said...

you - the perfect mama.

him - one heck of a scrapper, and a cutie, too!

Michelle W. said...

Hugs. Love the layout (he is a great scrapbooker btw).

It's brave of you to celebrate him like you do. Hugs

Michelle

RACHEL =) said...

Aw, he is definitely a gorgeous boy, Erika, wow!!! How sweet that you spent his special day doing the things he wanted to do - you're a great mom! Kids are definitely healing therapy for sure... for SURE!!! =)

Sarah said...

You did exactly right. Just what you both needed. No regrets.

If I saw Jack it would be very difficult for me to repress the urge to snatch him up and cover him with smoochies! He's so cutie- pie!!!! *sigh!*

k photography said...

What a sweet day you had --

and also - I'm SO bummed I didn't write things down more from when Kaelyn was younger...ugh.

like this one, yesterday we were on the way to Pottery Barn and she goes, "are you going to buy rotten curds?" translation: curtain rods!