Tuesday, August 22, 2006

just a little

blue....
feeling a little bit sad.
about nothing particular.
silly me....

had a good visit w/ the folks...
chilled....
the boys LOVED the hotel pool...
but today...
i'm
just sort of a blah...
rainy day....
just
not
a fan
of the day
today...
went to walmart...
(which did nothing to cheer me, let me tell you...
hate walmart...)
got my favorite....
"you have your hands full" comment.
now.
my boys,
who are not perfect angels by any means
are usually being well behaved when I get this
particular
comment...
which leads
me to believe
i only get it because
i have 3 boys....

other comments i get frequently...
"are they all yours?"
no.
no,
they just keep following me around....
(when did 3 kids become a side show? 3 is a lot now? i had no idea....)
and
"are you going to try for a girl?"....
THAT one
is perhaps my least favorite...
I always reply the same....
"well, not right this second."
this tends to fluster the moron that decided to ask the question....
"ooooh, well, I didn't mean now...haha....ooooh, that's funny...."
yeah,
not so much.
grrr-rr...

in other (less whiney) news.
jack got his hair cut off...
he didn't want to start kindergarten
and have anyone ask if he was a girl...
can't blame him...
and...
i like his new haircut.
it's not buzzed...
so i'm ok.
jared also got his cut,
and hates it...
so noooooo photos of the j-man.
whooopsie.
sorry j....
it'll grow...
braces and a haircut...
what a send off to middle school.
think he'll ever forgive me?
yeah,
nooooo photos of him on the blog...
that's a direct order.

i think living close to dave mirra might be rubbing off
on my children....
coley has been working on some "tricks"...
some bike skillz if you will...
we managed to finally make it to the bike shop
he's been begging to go to
this weekend...
and found a bmx bike he now "needs"....
however...
gabby's comment about dave mirra not being in the X-games this year
because of a lacerated liver...
hmmm....
sort of stuck in this momma's mind.....

lastly...
project runway.
can i just say
what a crime it was to kick off allison
(loved her)...
and
keep the freak (aka vincent) !?!?
who said his dress was like a "child's painting"
and that he "got off on it"....
yuck....
my
favorite line
was allison saying
to laura "it's a good thing you're wearing your riding outfit in case it's horses"
sigh...
i shall miss her.....
xe

15 comments:

Missy said...

ok. I love jack's haircut.
but I'm sorry you are blue :(

And Vincent? GETTING OFF ON THE DRESS?!?!? That totally GROSSED me out. EEEWWWWWWW

Jen said...

Sorry you're feeling blue friend.
Cute haircut Jack.
I really looove the sexyback song, makes me happy I get to listen to it every time I visit.

Chares Square Co-op said...

hey baby.
hugs for the blueness.
but i can whine too.
where oh where is MY project runway!???
we are CUT OFF in canada my friend.
how's that for bad luck???
xog

sarah said...

aww, sorry you are feeling blue...
and what's with people and their comments?! SO RUDE!

Jack your haircut is awesome buddy.
you look so grown up!

xoxo

RACHEL =) said...

Ohhhhh, look how CUTE your boys are... so when are you trying for a girl?! LOL! =)

So sorry you are blue, my dear... sending you my BIGGEST HUGEST squeeeeeze!!!!

And ditto re: Project Runway!!! :p

JB said...

Hugs! Sorry you're blue...I get that way sometimes too.

darcy said...

Your response to people's questions about trying for a girl make me giggle. SO Erika!! SO hilarious!!

yeah, Walmart is the devil. I'm convinced.

Jude said...

i love you so much.
even when you are grouchy.
actually..especially when you are grouchy.
i hate walmart too.
we need to start that support group huh?
im feeling blue too.
and for NO reason at all also.
you need to call me.
xo,
ash

Mara said...

love the new haircut...
sorry for the sadness.
i totally hear you - you know this.
love that the parent visit went well.
xo.

Sarah said...

poor blue thing.
people are rotten.
BUT
I
LOVE
the "not right this second" comment. Brilliant.
Go 'head, be goin'. (at least I think that's what he's saying...)

gabbyfek said...

love you.
love you.
love you.
xoxoox,
g

k photography said...

Hey girl. people need to just not open their mouths. I get those kiddie ones too, but my fave is from CHA pea dinner:

(to me, in a very excited tone): SO, how does it feel to walk around with NISA FIIN???

WHAT? Who says that? Nisa and I just kinda stared at her. Then I said something lame. and walked away.
smiles,
K

Anonymous said...

Love Jack's haircut... too, too cute! Sorry to hear you're blue girlie ((hugs to you)). And don't you wish people would just mind their freakin business??!! Seriously, that is just SO rude!

xoxo

Just this Girl said...

next time, target honey! TARGET!

at least, it always works for me.

love the hair. the bike tricks. middle school? holy moly. and the next time someone asks you if they're all yours, tell them you are against plastic surgery and implants...

i hate people

AnneMarie said...

I get these very same comments... love them! lol!
I laugh now when people say them and I reply to the "handsful" by saying, "I wouldn't want it any other way! I am truly blessed!"

I have 3 that follow me around too.. every 2 years some one else joins in our little parade! lol!