Monday, August 14, 2006

That's great,

it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes, an aeroplane...
It's the
end of the world as we know it.
It's the
end of the world as we know it.
It's the
end of the world as we know it
and
I
feel
fine....

Jack was walking around the house singing that this morning...
pretty darn funny if you ask me...
pretty much the refrain...
but still amusing.
I especially like the emphasis given on the "I feel fine"...
very funny.

I spent the weekend doing a lot of nothing....
although...
if someone could please remove the damn exacto knife from my hand...
that would be GREAT.
not sure when i decided handcut titles would be fun...
but i guess i'm mildly obsessed with that now.
it was much more fun to just admire Erica and Shannon's work...
next I feel a paint obsession coming on...

Oh,
in unrelated news...
I'm upset about the whole Shana
Moalker/
Travis
Barker
divorce...
looks like no more Meet the Barkers for e...
totally sucks.
loved them....

Lets see...
more
complete
and
total
randomness
for a monday...

jared is getting braces on wednesday.
did anyone realize braces cost almost $6000?
yeah.
neither did i.
just about choked when they pulled that figure out....
and
let's times that by three...
shall we.....
because someday they all three will need them...
thankfully the mother-in-law is helping with that this time round.....
i mean the boy can't have a messed up grill...
but seriously...
how is anyone suppose to afford THAT?
however this explains the X-box 360 in the waiting room.....
hmmm.....

getting braces...
starting middle school...
making me sad....

on a happy note--->
the jack taught himself to ride his bike w/o training wheels
on
saturday
....
just one of those
"hey momma come look"
type things.
actually it was
colten who came inside and said....
"could you take off jack's training wheels so he'll give my bike back ...please!?"
to which i said....
"jack is on your bike????"
and went outside to see jack cruising around like a pro.
i distinctly remember it taking awhile to learn to ride a bike.
the other boys were the same way....
just sort of got it after a few tries...
but always w/ our help.
we REALLY need to work on braking though....
just a little bit....
or i need a bigger band-aid supply....
one or the other...

this is when i have digital camera envy...
wish i had photos....
(of the biking..
not the band-aids)

ok, well that's our show.

13 comments:

Jen said...

Heeeee
I love your cutie boy-os and their fun stories.
And that page.
The tornado is genius.
Hooray for self taught bike riding and booo to braces.

sarah said...

goodness gracious...
that tornado page is amazing.
don't you dare put down the xacto cause you're doing good things with it!

yay for your cute boy stories...
and congrats to jack on the bike riding!

Missy said...

Erika is bringing SEXY BACK!!
oh I do love you :)

and wowza on jack riding his bike!! WOAH. I might have fallen over if I were you :)

and braces? oy vey. don't even tell me this stuff. Makes me a nervous wreck.

and I love your jack stories :)
can he just call me and sing?
now THAT would be cool.
xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

jack = daredevil
6000k of metal mouth = OMG
you = exacto freaking rockstar

staceyfike said...

Hey E***
Cool! i did that when i was a kid too....sometimes i still watch em'!
(digging the tornado page more than you know!!!)
xacto dependency can be a problem....but it's so much fun!!!!

Jamie said...

How fun your boys are. :)
Yay for Jack learning himself how to ride his bike!
What little studs. :)

darcy said...

They DO NOT have an Xbox in the waiting room. That's just wrong. Sickly wrong. Dude, ONE brace paid for that stinking Xbox.. geesh.

And yeah, the exacto knive and you are great friends. Don't you think about trading it in for paint. UNLESS you can handle doing both. Yep. BOTH, Erika.

gabbyfek said...

i love your stories
and your boysies
oh so much
not so much the braces part
or the barkers part
(wah)
but everything else
yeah
you = exacto rockstar
xoxox,
g

Just this Girl said...

wow
smile for me daddy
let me see your grill...
i hate that song
but it reminded me of this..
or the other way around

k photography said...

Holy *E* you are amazing! That tornado kills.

you are stuck with the exacto my friend.

Thank you for your boy stories. I consider them serious education preparing me for life with the D-man.
K

xobellaaimox said...

wow! that is the coolest page ever!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE that page!
how did the braces go?
poor dude,
you'd think they'd have come up with a better way to straighten teeth since 20 years ago when we had them...
i love your random stories!

Anonymous said...

DUDE! You are the exacto queen! Seriously, that is one FABULOUS lo my friend... that tornado is pure genius! WOWSER! So, so, SO sad about the Barker's - I had no freakin' idea! Now I'm mad AND sad... I'm totally gonna miss watching this show. Happy weekend girlie!