Thursday, April 05, 2007

Hell sNOw

Overheard.

"Do you think the Easter Bunny is real?" - Jack

"Ah, no not really" - Coley

"Hmm....Well who do you think brings you candy then?!?!? Saint NICK!?!?" - Jack

Good point Jack.

We've been here, in the great white north for a couple months.
I've been neglecting the blog...
the email...
and even the phone...
in an effort to adjust, and ok, ...to unpack.
Which for me is a challenge, and it takes a long...looooooooooooong time.
I'm not sure if I'm a little attention deficit, or what, but the task of organizing is just mind blowing....for me.
Gabby could have things alphabetically arranged and color coded, and I would still be making piles....and cursing.
I'm also still at that stage of not feeling like I really live here....like its my house....
It's like I'm visiting a messy cousin or something....
I kind of walk around going....well, someone really needs to fix THAT...whew...that's really in need of some work.....who in the hell put that there?
ooh, it's me.
I have to fix this....and that....
The joy of homeownership.
This is the most expensive house I've ever owned....and it's the oldest...and in need of the most work.
We were mildly (OK....completely) blown away by the housing situation here....
I think it's the town, but it's spendy....and we're not.
So it took FOREVER to even find this.

While looking we ended up spending 38days in the hotel.
I realized how little you really need, material wise....
I mean over a month we lived out of our suitcases, and I really couldn't think of anything that was packed away that i needed.
I had my boys, my photo albums and some clothes, books and games.
OF course fast forward to move in day...
and after living simply, having that big ol' truck pull up and start unloading box after box after box......
I was like STOP! I don't want all this STUFF!
But they unloaded it ALL...and I decided to hibernate in the clutter.

I thought I might like to emerge this past weekend....
when the weather warmed up and the windows were open....
I was a cleaning machine....
My little house smelled magnificent....
like bleach, and vanilla.....
80 degrees on Tuesday.
I woke up yesterday to a high in the 30s.
And today...to SNOW. Lots of it.

So as tempting as the idea of more self imposed hibernation is/was...
I knew it was out of the question...
Gabby is coming tomorrow! And Mike! And my parents!
So I threw my fuzzy jammies on this morning and came downstairs to my freshly cleaned kitchen....to make smoothies.....and admire the snow. *(it is pretty....just come on, not in April)
I threw the mango, pineapple and banana in the blender,
poured the orange and pineapple juice in.....and realized that there seemed to be a leak.....
yeah,
actually it was more like a flood.....
The bottom of the blender wasn't screwed together....
soooo I ended up w/ juice and fruit ALL OVER my kitchen, and me...and my rug.
I stood there for a moment, like surely this was all a joke...
but no, I was in fact drenched and sticky....my kitchen, equally drenched and sticky.
I handed Jack a box of CheeseIts, which honestly was his original request for breakfast, and decided healthy breakfasts are completely overrated.

We started watching bad reality tv in the hotel....
Including The Hills.
Colin and I were watching recently...
He's annoyed w/ Spencer and says....
and I quote...
"If I were a guy I would so kick his ass".....pause.....
"Ok, that came out wrong because I am a guy"....

I laughed for DAYS about that...."if I were a guy".....
Sorry babe I had to write it down, so I don't forget.

Happy Easter y'all.

9 comments:

gabbyfek said...

you
are
the
funniest.
and stickiest.
which sorta really sucks....
sowwy sisser.
and i so wouldn't have everything labeled and color coordinated.
you're a poopoobutthead.
but i loves you.
oh
and tell jack
that st. nick is bringing him some moon pies, too.
xoxoxoxox.

sarah said...

yay!
e's back!
I've missed you...
and your stories about your boys.
I'm glad that you are getting settled.
Trying to adjust...
but I'm sorry it snowed.
that's just wrong.
have a great weekend with Gabby, Mike and your parents...
good family time! :)

essie said...

this puts the phrase "polar opposite" into a totally different perspective for me!

poor e!If it makes you feel any better, it only rains 11 months out of the year in Germany-yay us! Couldn't the Army have sent us to Maijorca or the South of France?!!

HONESTLY

I'm more freaked by the
THIRTY-EIGHT
days of hotel-ness that you endured.

YIKES, YIKES, YIKES! Tell Jack it's the EASTER FROG who brings the baskets, and if you want to know where THAT little diddy came from, then you'll have to call!!!

Hugs and love to the house most like mine on this planet-and all the lovies inside it!

e2

ps-don't you know that smoothies go with MALIBU not breakfast!!
SILLY GIRL!

Missy said...

heeeeeeeee
you do make me giggle.
Tonight in my show I wrote...
OH NO!! SNOW!!!

However, I don't think we got nearly as much as you did.

I can't wait to travel to the great white north to visit ;)

Mara said...

oh i'm so glad you're "back".
i've missed you.
sorry about the smoothie incident.
i hear you're getting kringle this weekend.
i'm jealous of that little tidbit.
enjoy the time with the fam.
xo.

Jude said...

I MISS YOU!!!

Dude...i know what you mean about the blender...when something like that happens I sware to god there is a video camera on me...
and i have to laugh to keep from crying.

when you get settled...CALL ME.
k?

xo
ash

RACHEL =) said...

You always make me laugh, so glad you are back to posting!!!

Yikes about the blender, not fun!

And yes, I cannot believe the snow here, seriously... depressing... completely depressing... ugh! :(

Hope you guys have a GREAT Easter!! So awesome the whole family is in town! :)

Beckalicious said...

I am SO glad I'm not the only one who "hibernated in clutter." We moved into our house at the end of January and there are still boxes in every room... and will be 6 months from now because DUDE, I can totally think of A THOUSAND things I would rather do than unpack.

Sarah said...

smoothie all over the kitchen floor is BAD.
Clean house is good.
Moving is bad.
Jack is, as always, SO GOOD.