Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Ants go MARCHING 2 by 2....

noooo hurrah.....

is it wrong for me to believe that terminix comes....
in their little orange bug-mobile....
with their little ghost buster inspired backpack squirt guns....
to save the day?!?
because that's what I thought....
but...
now i really think...
that
maybe...
they just spray water
around my doorways...
and windows...
because honestly.
I think I have MORE ants now...then before they came.
bastards.

I understand....it's hot.
I understand WHY the ants come in....
and I would be fine if they just wanted to come in briefly to enjoy a little AC...
BUT....when they start messing w/ my food.
yeah,
they're out.
and frankly terminix...
noooot really helping my cause.....

so in an effort to be bug-free...
I am going w/ a terminix/RAID combo.*
we shall see.
after the tiny moth episode this weekend....

(it wasn't a tiny episode, but rather tiny moths)
which I can not discuss in detail, because it makes me itchy and COMPLETELY grossed out....
(picture IN MY CUPBOARDS....IN MY FOOD)
I'm in what you might call...
an OCD-esque cleaning and organizing frenzy....
which may last another 24-48hours...it's hard to say.
many things were lost in the war against the bugs....
much of my baking goods surrendered....
all other food has been tightly secured in tupperware.


the bugs have been quiet....
a little too quiet....
i think they are planning their next attack.
the RAID and I are standing by.

*please note....before moving south...the thought of pesticides and harmful chemicals near my babies would have NEVER been allowed......but.....it's amazing what almost five years here will do to you.....

Ok,

on an unbug related note....
--------------------------------------------------------->
this game is a must have if you have kiddos.
OMG.
I laughed so hard last night I was crying.

I did realize that i am a horrible mom though....
because while my five year old knows Beastie Boys and Jet,
we struggle w/ the songs that perhaps he should know the title of....
wheels on the bus anyone????
OOOhhhh well.....
I never could get into listening to Barney in the car....
Bad momma.

9 comments:

essie said...

You're not so bad...Ben took OutKast to preschool when he was the star of the week!

Sprinkle coffee grinds along your front and back door-I SWEAR it works! Also, lemon juice in a spray bottle, and SPICES! Ants HATE spice (apparently!)

I'll look for more ant-i ant ideas!
xoxox
e2

essie said...

okay-the song just came up-
you're a very funny girl!~
e2

gabbyfek said...

haaaaaaaa.........
ohhhhhhhhhhh
sisser
i feel you on the bugs
and
yes
now feel creepy crawly thinking about moths.
and
well
the enviro girl?
knows her orkin man by his first name.... so i blame the south. oh yes i do.
love you.
but not the fact that i now own scrabble and LOSE at it every night.
hee.
xoxoxox,
g

sarah said...

we had a moth situation once...SO gross. I feel your pain girl. I shutter just thinking of it.
kill em.
they are gross.

staceyfike said...

we call 'em piss ants!
had a HUGE problem w/them earlier this year
if the raid don't work e-mail me
something J found worked, i'll ask him what it was.
good luck
i break out in hives everytime i see bugs :)

Mara said...

ok...
my mom had the moth problem in San Antonio too... and the ants.
She had to have terminix out several times before they were really gone (i think that they get excited and come out again after the first time?!)... she had to have terminix once every couple of weeks for a couple of months. it was gross and I totally feel you on this. i am v. sorry....
i hope yours go away MUCH faster.
stupid bugs.
good luck.
i wanna play cranium.
fun times.
xo.

Missy said...

i feel very very creepy crawly ;)
i hope the buggies go bye bye SOOOOOOON

RACHEL =) said...

OH MY GOSH... I am a major bug-phobic... hate them all... so sorry you are having a problem... hope they leave SOON!!!!!

And that game looks soooo cute!!
Will have to check it out for sure! =)

Anonymous said...

Oh man! Good luck with the ant infest... I can totally relate! The bugs have been SO BAD here this summer! Can't wait till it starts cooling off and the little suckers leave for good!

That game sounds like a good one... I'll have to check it out the next time I go to 'T'!