Friday, May 25, 2007

Think Soda-Pop

50s day at school today...
absolutely adorable.

little girls in poodle skirts, loooove it.

mine are dressed like little greasers....

very funny,
and complete with candy cigarettes rolled up in their s
leeve.
I didn't think they made them anymore, but they do!

Took a little trip to
Sweetie Candy Co.
...and low and behold....
candy cigarettes!
fabulous find, because t
hey also have....
mini moon pies!

Jack was as happy as...
well,
as happy as a kid in a candy store.
Anyway...
I've been reading up on the 50s....
and daydreaming about what life was like then....
which is so funny because the dare this week is about documenting an era you love.
How cool is that???
I've always been such a big fan of the dares....
I just love the inspiration.
What else am I loving right about now....
the weather (FINALLY!)
Hint water (tasty)
Jack again on LOST (when he told Kate he loved her...wasn't liking him before that)
Scrap In Style (what a fun place, now I just need to post some work...err...yeah)
baseball season (my boys in the hats, with the gum in their mouths, and the tight pants....just about the cutest ever!, oh and the game is pretty cool too)
Thinking about Nisa, and her wedding....
and all the fun I'm missing (ok, NOT loving THAT part)
but I know it's going to be stupendous...glorious...beautiful...and everything good. And I'm just SO happy for her.
and...
I'm VERY happy that my husband is coming home tonight...

after being in Utah all week.
He has informed me it's beautiful there...
which I most definitely believe...
BUT...
the fact he got to go here...and i didn't...is just not fair.
He is bringing back some housing guides though for me...
because with us,
you just never know....
so that's exciting...
Happy long weekend!

3 comments:

sarah said...

1. you are officially the coolest mom. candy cigs? awesome! I totally remember those.

2. i NEED to find hint water this weekend. sounds right up my alley.

3. yes. please scrap and post. or at least post some scraps you're holding out on. I miss your (AND that sweet gabby sister of yours) pages.

4. there is only one state between me and utah. I'm just sayin.

have a GREAT weekend!

essie said...

so...utah and germany are totally opposite directions...

BUT the next moves are the good moves, right?!

ily
e2

Chares Square Co-op said...

50s day rocks. jax usually tells me about fun hat day and pajama day the day *after* it happened. yes, we're still working on the whole school/communication-with-working-mother thing. you BETTAH have taken some photos of you lil greasers!! xog2