Monday, November 14, 2005

My weekend in review.....

See the well deserved medals to the right....
My son played a tournament this weekend, and walked away w/ 2nd place...pretty cool, huh?
The boys worked so hard....and the excitement was contagious.
I am sooo proud of that kid.
He's going to be such an amazing man....
He's such a cool kid...
Really.
Oh, and one of those medals is mine actually.
From the coach I feel never quite understands what I do for him as manager...well, he told the organization that he wanted a medal for me too.....ahhh-hhh...such a sweet gesture. ;)
Of course Jared was thrilled "Now you can SCRAP one mom!"...heehee....yep.....now I can.

My picnic basket has cooties,
which is a problem for a basket that is really designed to hold FOOD....
Yep....I bought it from a friend who is getting rid of her longaberger basket collection. (Sidenote. She would be one that "collects" the baskets, and has them all over her home...I have 4, well, 7 if you count the boys Easter baskets, but I wasn't)
OK, so I have been drooling over Gabby's picnic basket for 2 years now....so when I was offered one that is pristine for 1/2 price....I said heck yeah......my friend then had to go and get the flu.....like the flu flu...the coughing sniffling chills sick for weeks flu......but lucky me....she managed to bring the basket to me at preschool....cooties and all.....so now, the irrational hypochondriac (aka me) has the basket sitting on top of the frig....it's met the lysol....it's pretty....but I'm convinced it's going to somehow...give me the flu.....so it's just going to sit ....for a long, long time... no one can tell me otherwise.....

Froggy came to visit this weekend, Jack showed him a good time. Froggy is the preschool mascot....a stuffed red frog.
It was our weekend w/ Froggy, you keep a journal, and then Jack gets to share it w/ the class. Well, you realize this meant I "had" to scrap the visit...of course ;) The best part was that Jack did a number of drawings documenting the visit. The one I found most amusing was titled "Jack and Froggy go Swimming at the Hotel Pool" ...umm, we didn't go to a hotel, and in fact, we didn't go swimming. Funny funny kid that one.

Gabby came to visit Friday, and enabler that I am, I "helped" her spend a buttload on FABULOUS turkey day decor....
Ooo-la-la.....target has the best crap, really....I do love it so.
SO, my sister is going to be VERY martha this thanksgiving....I can't wait.
She got turkey goodies....I got a vacuum.....lame lame lame.
unfortunately for my coolness level....the vac was exciting for me....THAT is sad, very very sad.

Final note...if anyone knows something that might get RED gatorade out of the WHITE jersey (shown in the top photo).....help a sista out...ok? It's now a pink jersey....and w/ another tourney this weekend....this is BAD...very very BAD. And the laundry fairy is at a loss.

Nothing else tooo exciting to report from the weekend.
Pretty much just soccer and beautifying the house for the move....

Ok, one last picture, because he's soooo cute, I could just eat him up ;) xxxxe

8 comments:

gabbyfek said...

you do know that i am to be updated when the bloggage is updated, right???
;)
you love me.
and my pumpkin soup bowl....
and how right are you-- jared is going to be an amazing man, because you, my dear, are an incredible MOM and he is one of the coolest, nicest, best kids i know....
and your basket will be fine.
it just needs lysol.
perhaps this is KARMA
from the longaberger factory-- ummm-- incident....
;)
you said laundry fairy.
giggling.
oh, and i feel i am worthy of more than 1 paragraph... sheesh! where's the part about the little sparkly beady things from pier 1? they're only a dollar, you know... aw, crap, now i'm laughing again...
i LOVE you sisser...
xox,
g

Mara said...

umm, i love that you blog about your kids b/c they are cute. like you. cute. i love that your kids say "look mom, now you can SCRAP that". haha. too cute.
and dude, a vac is cool.
obvi the cleaning geeks need to stick together :)
and dude, it's real cute that you had a froggie friend for the weekend.

RACHEL =) said...

HEE HEE... HEY ERIKA!! GOTTA SAY THAT YOU AND GABBY ALWAYS MAKE ME GIGGLE, THE THINGS YOU TWO SAY ARE JUST WAAAAAY TOO CUTE!!!!

BTW... I BOUGHT MY VAC FROM TARGET AND I LOOOOOVE IT! IT'S NICER THAN ANY OF OUR OTHER VACUUMS... YES, THERE IS A PAST FILLED WITH VACUUMS... A DEEP DARK PAST THAT I CANNOT BRING TO LIGHT!! GOOD LUCK W/YOURS!!

LOVE THE CUTE, CUTE PICS OF YOUR BOYS, THEY REALLY ARE THE CUTEST! YOU MUST BE SOOOOO VERY PROUD!!

Sarah said...

Love me some Targhey!

Snickering about the germy longaberger.

Adorable children, and good on you for getting a medal!!!

Erica Hernandez said...

Target is my favorite EVER. And the basket WILL not give you the flu. And that long-haired cutie of yours CRACKS ME UP (swimming in a hotel pool *IS* the best swimming of all though)

Missy said...

whee!! It's like christmas when you post, e!
love it :)

Colleen said...

oh god...i got excited when i bought my vacuum too. what happens to us when we get married?

gotta go check out the turkey day ish at target...

Jen said...

I'm a hypochondriac too, it;'s okay.
I would also think a vacuum was exciting.
Cute pics, I'm happy you shared.