Friday, November 03, 2006

Banner love

Check out my NEW banner made just for me by the amazing Nisa!
I LOVE it. Thankyou Nisa.

Sunday we went through our storage unit.
When we moved, we went from a four bedroom house w/ a garage,
to a three bedroom house w/ a carport. (no basements, it's the south)
SO we now rent our house, AND a 10' x 20' storage unit.
PACKED full....from floor to ceiling.
Now, I won't lie, I didn't do a good job of organizing the garage when we moved, so I knew a lot of the storage stuff could go to goodwill, or to the trash.
However it was a monsterous undertaking, and Colin and I found just a couple of excuses why this weekend wouldn't work, or that weekend was no good...
finally, on Sunday we said...let's just DO IT.
So, after church and linner (because jack pointed out, it was WAY past lunch, and could no longer be considered brunch) we headed to the unit.
We worked our butts off....and now...it's DONE. (Just in time to move again!)
The ironic part was the boys had a blast...
everything we pulled out was "new".
tiny trikes, and old toys....jumpropes, and kites....old cars, and trucks.
Colin and I were blown away by how well they played together. They seriously had the best time, it was so much fun to watch.
We've since decided to keep a box of broken and old toys hidden, and we will just pull it out periodically for fun.

So, as we repacked, and organized, some things lost their "homes" and I decided to bring the homeless stuff back to the house, so the movers will pack it all correctly.
So, we now have a few baby toys hanging around...and the thomas the tank trains, and tracks.
Monday was a teacher workday, no school.
Jack comes over to me and whispers....
"Do you think...if I got my hotwheels, and the thomas trains, and tracks, and set them up and played....Do you think my brothers will make fun of me?"

umm...I'm going to say no...

5 comments:

Missy said...

ummmm
I think your boys are THE CUTEST EVER.
I love that photo...

sarah said...

oh, that is the sweetest.
and the cutest.
love that photo of them...

and your banner ROCKS.
VERY cool!

Chares Square Co-op said...

hey!
that's what WE did on sunday!
except with our living room and j's room...not a big huge storage space. yeah.

Sarah said...

goodness gracious, e.
I'm a little teary.
Our thomas trains are also neglected, when they were once the ONLY thing.
Love for the brothers.

JB said...

I thought we were the ONLY people to say LINNER! That absolutely ROCKS! I think we must be long lost twins, with our linners and dislike of Old Navy sizing! :)