Thursday, November 30, 2006

Aunt Bethany, does your cat eat jello?

I can not believe tomorrow is December.
The last few weeks have flown.

It's been sort of like I've been on a
neverending episode of the surreal life,
but that's ok....

The weekend before Thanksgiving we left for Jared's weekend tournament and within the first 20minutes of the car trip, Colten had thrown up, and we blew a tire.
Not to be outdone by his brother Jack followed up Coley's w/ his own puke festival on thanksgiving night.

Nice.
Sort of ended the evening for all....

pumpkin pie for breakfast anyone?!
Jared decided to hold off until we started decorating the Christmas tree.

Where do you think you're going?
Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on
this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no.
We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday
emergency here.
We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse.

Ok, I'll stop making everyone gag....no more strepthroat speak.

I am NOT making Christmas cards this year.
There...I said it.
I know that whole bit about making myself accountable...
yeah, well...it didn't happen,
I don't feel guilty,
and Martha Stewart cards were 50% off at KMart.
(definitely, definitely KMart...could she not have gone wi
th Target?!?.....sheeesh)

Jack has taken to singing "Smack THAT"....
which while comical hopefully isn't taking place at school.
I so do not need to try to act like an adult while being reprimanded by the principal. (she kind of scares me)

My favorite thing from the boys Christmas lists (so far):
Jack after listing various toys, games and a slushy maker...."$20,000, infinity money, and beer that I can have"...HUH?!?!? Later that was edited to add "root" in front of the beer....in an effort to not upset Santa I believe.

Our tree is up (I said that already)....
I wanted to make sure we got it up before Colin had the chance to say "Merry Christmas, we're moving Monday"....
Now we have to stay until at least December 26th....right?!!?

Signed up for the christmasjournal... Can not wait for tomorrow....totally needed a little creative fun just for me. Here I'm suppose to make my intentions known....
and err...this will NOT be like the Christmas cards...nope.

Manifesto: Noun. A declaration of one's intentions.

Starting December first, I will keep a Christmas journal. In it, I will write something every day to reflect on the holidays of my past, enjoy the holidays of the present and
dream about the holidays of my future. To some, this will be a stack of papers and trivial scribbles, but not to me. I am taking back my Christmas, I am letting it be something I relish and, most importantly, I am giving at least fifteen minutes every day to myself no matter how crazy this season becomes. I hope you will share, encourage and understand as I make something with my own hands, my own words and my own memories.

I may post some or all of my entries here. Other artists are doing this with me, and you can see their work here. Or yo
u may join us.

Above all: enjoy the season. I will.

and with THAT, I leave you w/some random Christmas photos and outtakes to go w/ my random post...because you HAVE to have photos...and looking back, some of these are just funny...(look at baby jack w/ NO hair!) xxxe


9 comments:

Palanivel Raja said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sarah said...

oh how I love clark griswold....

bummer about all the puking...
that is NOT a fun way to spend any day, let alone one in a car or a holiday.

don't feel guilty about not having homemade cards. just because your crafty doesn't mean you HAVE to make cards. Martha's cards will be great. And I agree...why Kmart?! :(

I do hope you post your Christmas journal...it would be fun to make!

loved all the photos of your cool boys...

holy long comment.
sorry! :)

Rachelle said...

sorry about the puke fest,
we had one too. :P

so glad you're doing the
art journal and i can't
wait to see
your pages.

such cute pix of the boys.
xxx

Mara said...

YOU need to write a sitcom b/c seriously, you're funny.
sorry the kidlets were sick.
hope everyone's back to normal.
hugs.
xo.

gabbyfek said...

you
are
the
best.
love you.
xoxox,
g

essie said...

holy puking Batman!
Yikes!

We just have a bad case of the:
"WTF am I doing living in Fayetteville NC?!!"

I miss you...at least you have your tree up!
xoxox
e2

Chares Square Co-op said...

i'm happy happy that you're doing the C-journal! i tried...and tried. hee hee.
smack that!???? oh yeah...it's the sign that cinches the deal...they are soul-friend-mates. they are. ask g1 if SHE heard "SCHMAK DAT" comin from the back seat...just ask her.

staceyfike said...

i love this title!! sorry for the sick kiddies :(

darcy said...

YOu are hilarious. Nuf said. =)