Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Nonsense...

Ok, before I begin this post
I feel it necessary to say that I'm on a verge of a nervous breakdown...
nah...i keed....i keed....
i say that when my kids are making me crazy...
"MOMMY is going to have a nervous breakdown!"
Usually makes people either laugh, or nod empathetically....like ohhh, yeah, we remember that feeling....
Jack has been playing pinball for a good 30 minutes...and it's noisy....oh my gosh...
SO FLIPPING NOISY.

SO, I'm SUPER excited....and about to admit something so dorky...
I can't believe I'm doing it....
MY SHOW IS BACK JANUARY 3rd!!! YAY ME!
What show you ask? heehee...
ok, that's the dorky part...
I am so w/ my CJ buddy Laura (Charmer) who has admitted a love for MTV reality shows...
currently I believe it's the Gauntlet 2....
I watched Nick and Jessica...I'll admit it.
I watched Laguna....yes, I did...
and as of January 3rd....I'll be watching season 2 of MEET THE BARKERS!
HUGE dork am I.... heehee....
Love it....
Laura probably doesn't even stoop to what my husband coins as beyond bad reality tv...
BUT I DO!
YEP...
Where do we think Colten got the idea for a mohawk from?!!? hmm?
oh yes, thank you Travis Barker .....
So excited ;)
Dork...
I know...

I'd like to say that Christmas Vacation IS my all time FAVORITE...
however, I think we've been watching it just a tad toooo much...
my four year old woke up and said...
not "good morning mommy"...
nope..
he said "the shitters full".....
WHOOOPSIE.

Lastly...
I'm working on a layout,
which has caused me to realize....
I mean really acknowledge that I completely suck at writing....
OH YEAH...I mean I knew I did...
I'm not a writer...
not at all...
in fact I would be the opposite of a writer...
Horrible...
I love to read...so that's not it..
My husband doesn't read anything, except Sports Illustrated, and yet his vocabulary is immense....
(So is Gabbys....me : "ur, Gabby WTF did you just say? I have NOO idea what that word means..." yep, she giggles and gives me synonyms and uses the word in several sentences....)
Why I ask....
when I was in school....
did my parents insist that I would use geometry...and chemistry...and other subject I have yet to use...but never insisted I read the dictionary (like April), or pick up a thesaurus...hmm??!??! See...THAT i would've used...
words...
hmf....annoying...
So, I doubt I'll ever be a real strong writer .....which is fine w/ me....
most of the time.....
I'm just not sure it'll fly w/ what I'm working on right now...
NOT good.
perhaps more mtv, not good for the e....hmm...?
perhaps not....
I apologize for the bad writing you are STILL reading.......xxxe

13 comments:

Mara said...

hahahha, you funny ms. e.
i love mtv shows too, but i must admit, meet the barkers?!?! really? come on now, e.
the shitters full.
hahaha.
did i mention that i made gabby read 75% of all papers that i turned in throughout college?
ya, umm, i think she still hates me for that.

Sarah said...

verge
thesaurus
dictionary
geometry
chemistry
and you even coined a word "keed"

Not counting verge those are all three syllable words, so "I guess you could say things are getting pretty serious" SORRY. Channelling Kip for a minute there. Just keep on keeping on, babe. A sense of humor is a great gift in writing, and you got it!!!!

RACHEL =) said...

OK, I GOTTA ADMIT THAT I AM STILL LAUGHING ABOUT WHAT JACK SAID THIS MORNING... HA HA HA!!!!!

ARE YOU KIDDIN ME BOUT THE RIGHTING? (GET IT?!) SERIOUSLY, ERIKA, I SOOOO LOOK FORWARD TO READING YOUR POSTS... ENTERTAINING, FUN, SERIOUS, COMICAL... YOU GOT IT ALL, BABY!!! DON'T SWEAT IT :) AND I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOUR NEW LAYOUT!!!!!!!!!

darcy said...

You crack me up!!! I bet things are ALWAYS hopping at your house. =)

gabbyfek said...

you.
crack.
me.
up.
so does jack...
and i loooooooooooove meet the barkers. you just made my morning, yo, with news of season #2 and baby #3...
and i love your writing.
but if you're not careful-- i'm totally getting you a thesaurus for Christmas... ;)
kidding kidding kidding.
but mara's not.
i definitely did read those papers. but i don't hate her for it...
LOVE YOU,
xoxox,
g

Jude said...

i love your writing too.
so much.
and if you email me back..
i promise to tell you what their naming their new daughter...
you scratch my back..
i scratch yours...

ps-
telling the momma thats pregnant with #3 that you are about to have a breakdown isn't good.
not good at'all.

Colleen said...

i love christmas vacation. that shit with the cat and the christmas tree!!! OMG!

Jamie said...

Are you joking?!? I LOVE reading your writing! you write very much like Gabby, and I love it! Both of your styles of writing are very thoughtful and full of emotion, and I could only wish I could write like the two of you girlies! Keep on writing for us, cuz we all love it..... :)

Anonymous said...

oh e!
we're on in the same girl!!!!
i'm sooooo not a great writer!
i can't seem to get the words in my head onto the paper!
and i LOVE LOVE LOVE family vacation movies!
all of them...
i have the memorized!
come over and we can recite them together!
yay!

Missy said...

Numero Uno: You don't suck at writing. Take it from me. I write for a living. :P

Numero Dos: why is it when you say "nervous breakdown" I want to scream NERVOUS BREAKDOWN NERVOUS BREAKDOWN!!! like the kid from The Wedding Singer?

I live for your posts... and I would have commented on this last night.. but blogger was being a big ole BEEEYOTCH.

sarah said...

I *wish* I could write like you!
I think it's fantastic!
I love MTV too...haven't watched the Barkers, guess I better check out season 2!
OMG...the shitters full? That is some good stuff right there!

Chares Square Co-op said...

you have major writing talent.
keeping me interested and reading and laughing.
I LOVE IT!!!
mama's LOSING HER BRAIN!!!!
(that's me) tee hee!
xoG2

k photography said...

Isn't it crazy how you see something as 'not great' in yourself, and other's think totally the opposite? Nisa thinks I'm funny, which is crazy because I feel like I'm way lacking in the sense of humor department. I literally was going to send you an email to tell you how much I look forward to your posts/comments when I read this. YOU MAKE MY DAY GIRLIE! I feel like we're having a little conversation when I read your posts...and you're flippin' hilarious! So don't sweat the writing -- it's something else we all love about you!

Kirsten