Thursday, December 08, 2005

Whoever....

invented caramel hershey kisses...
i hate them.
my butt hates them too.
urgh....

SO, i updated my blog yesterday...
like it?
what?!? you're saying...
there is no update e...
ah, yes...you are correct...
this is because blogger hates me...
and lost my post.
when i saw it was gone..
instead of patiently going back and fixing it...
i said FORGET IT.
and now i'm updating, or attempting to update yet again....
THIS is why i don't have a cell phone...
technology, while i see the benefits,
is just way to annoying to deal w/ for me...

So i posted this layout today that makes me giggle...
why?
because it's for this "contest" at my lss..
my lss is very, very small...
but the people that own it are very nice,
so i go in to pick up the monthly "kit" for this contest-thinga-ma-bob....
and she gives me three sheets of paper, some brads, some ricrac, and an embelly that says "thankful for you" or something....
as i'm leaving she says...
"ooooh, and the rules are...."
RULES?!?!? RULES?!?!? ugh...i hate rules.
"the rules are you can only use these items. you can ink, tear and stamp though"...
SO, because i'm me...
the whole time i was making the layout...
i was thinking of all the things i'd like to use on the page...
things i couldn't...
because of the rules.
did i mention...i hate rules.
Anyway, that's what i came up w/...
notice it's just the paper....heehee....
it was suppose to be thanksgiving themed...
but being me (still)....
i didn't take thanksgiving pictures this year, because of the broken lens situation..
gabby took them,...
and being related to me...
we managed to lose that roll of film :) whoooopsie!
So, i used last years photo...
there is another layout i'm doing,
using the wishbone photo that's below.....
...i'm sure i've officially freaked the scrapbook store owner out though sufficiently w/ my crazy style...sooo perhaps i should just leave it at one page turned in...hmm...?!? ;)

We "Christmased" our house this weekend.
(last year jack would say "we need to christmas our house" instead of decorate our house)
The photos turned out like caca though...
two rolls of caca....
flotilla pictures..
oh, yes, big caca...
But here is one of a little tree the jack made at school...
i took more yesterday of our BIG tree and will get them developed soon ;)
and post for my erin....
promise.
film camera.....remember....
see discussion about technology and erika above...

So I'm tucking the boys in last night...
and jack says "mom...i fought of my free things i want for cwistmas....."
"ok..hit me jack"
"I want twister, and a shirt."
"A SHIRT? ah...any specific kind of SHIRT?"
"yes, one wif army guys on it maybe?"
"ooh, ok...anything else?"
"Yeah....an IPOD....goodnight mom"
from the other bedroom jared's voice pipes in...."OH, I want an IPOD too"
"NONE of you are getting IPODS....GOODNIGHT...I LOVE YOU BOYS!"
see,
i'd take the request for a slushy maker....
yep.
heehee...
they want legos, rollerskate shoes (can you say broken ankles?)
and jared wants a brazil nat'l jersey (soccer)
and coley wants a real madrid jersey
(....ahhh...beckham....good boy ;) )
i am really lucky though, because they just don't ask for things... not unless i ask them what they want...
and even then...
it's just a few things... (expensive things...but few in number) :)

SO, next year.....because i'm great at thinking of things last minute, and way too late....
Lets do an ornament exchange!
Then i can send everyone beachy ornaments... ;)
funfun....xxxe

12 comments:

Jen said...

Yay pretty flamingo.

I can not see your tree yet, though I can see everything else. But I think you may be updating as I type. Right this minute. Happened before. :)

I do not get kits or participate in lss contests PRECISELY because of rules. BOOO. But good for you for breaking them, or at least not following them completely.

Anonymous said...

boo for rules! I hate rules! you did good though my dear!
and I love the conversation w/ Jack about his xmas wishes...too cute!

RACHEL =) said...

ROFL, OH ERIKA, MY DEAR... YOU MAKE ME LAUGH... LOOOOVE READING YOUR STORIES... THAT'S SO FUNNY ABOUT THE RULES, DIDN'T KNOW LSS HAVE RULES! BUT THE LAYOUT IS AWESOME, SOOOOOO VERY AWESOME!

LOVE THE TUCKING-THEM-IN-BED CONVERSATION ABOUT AN IPOD, SO CUTE, SO FUNNY! I LOVE IT!!

GLAD YOU GOT TO SCRAP... I WANNA SEE ME SOME MORE!!!! I COULD ONLY IMAGINE HOW ROCKIN THAT WISHBONE LAYOUT WILL BE!!!! :)

Missy said...

blogger may hate you... but we LOVE YOU!!

and you are the bestest mom ever... telling those boys no iPod.
Connor calls it Mommy's Hi-pah. love it.

Mara said...

YOU, my dear, are funny mc fun fun. Yep, it needs a "mc" in there cause it's so true - as emphasis, you know?!

I love Jack's tree. And I love your LO. I'm gonna log onto 2P just to comment :)

happy day to you. Glad you're back in action today.

Jude said...

jude asked for an Ipod too..
he's all of FIVE>
i think i'm gonna get him one of those kiddie ones...
little high maintenance rascal...
how can you look at that flamingo and NOT think of me...
dear lord.
i love your posts.
and your wordage:
ca-ca, christmased, ornament exchange...
love all of it...

sarah said...

Hey, my mom said "NO" to my request for an ipod too! What is it with you mom's?! :) (just kidding!)

Your posts always make me giggle...I love the storys and the way your write them...it's good stuff! :)

Anonymous said...

cac flotilla pics!
say it isn't so!!!!!!!!!
you make me smile all sorts girl,i just love your litte *e*isms...
no slushy makers!
don't you know santa can't make those this year?
that's my story...
you have the sweetest boys ever!
how do you get them to not ask for stuff? do you have a big whip or what!?!?!?!
i need to send my boys to *e* camp! of course i probably wouldn't be able to get them to ever come home again, they'd love it so much...

gabbyfek said...

see everything i miss when i'm gone?!?!?
all the funny-ness???
all the scrappy-ness?? (love that page, btw-- is this the one you were doing monday??)
goodness gracious i love you.
and the fact that we both took 2 rolls of crap holiday photos.
tee hee.
LOVE it.
and you.
i missed you oodles.
sorry i'm a crabpot.
xox,
g

Anonymous said...

I am coming out of lurkdom. you make me laugh miss e. Love this lo of the boys. You should win it, hands down!

Sarah said...

See? I just pretty much love you. This post is so great. Loved listening to Jack tonight. Emma wants "free" things too, but she's only getting two. Bo will not be getting the Jeep he asked for.

That layout is greatness. It is hard to limit yourself, but I'd say you did a good job o' dancing with the one that brung ya!!

Colleen said...

blogger's on my shit list too!

love the layout
the little pinecone tree is freakin adorable

i haven't tried the caramel kisses...it is the pnut butter ones that are sticking to my ass.