Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Sooooo.....

Exciting news...
I know you were all waiting on pins and needles to hear...
Travis and Shanna Barker in fact had their baby on Christmas Eve....
a girl baby named what else but...
Alabama Luella.
*don't forget....January 3rd....mark your calendars ;)

Ok, I know...contain your excitement while I share stories...
of less monumental significance...

SO, we found a new house...
we're renting though...
why do you ask?
well...because THIS house hasn't sold...
oooh yeah....so that's two, count them...two houses e will have.
Do I need two houses?
nooooo....
Can I afford two house payments?
NOOOOOOOOOOO.....
So, anyone looking for a fabulous, newly painted, four bedroom...
look no further..
i've got one.
let's make a deal ;)
I'll throw in some fantastic goodies...
yes, I will.

So, we're looking at houses, and Greenville is a college town,
(ECU, no idea) anyway, college town rentals translate to .....
crappy run-down slums....
which with three kids is not exactly what I had in mind.
(I lived in them in college w/ one kiddo.....that was enough :)
So when we found this cUte little brick ranch in an older neighborhood...
within walking distance to what are suppose to be good schools..
we jumped on it.
....
now I have to figure out, without so much hyperventilation,
how to sell my house is 0 minus 30 days.
But,
my new house...
OMG I'm rambling.....
RachelC is laughing at me right now...
My "new" house is soooooo charming...
with some hardwood floors, and a little sunroom....
and a fenced in yard....
it's substantially smaller, and there is no garage (just a carport)
so I'm not really sure what to do w/ about half of our schtuff.
I'm thinking simple...
declutter....
simplify a la ali edwards.....
It's just a completely overwhelming thought right now.
Thankfully I have this sister.....who has a four bedroom house....
who might out of the goodness of her heart store some of my chit for me.
.....
Side note...
Missy, if you lived closer....
have I got some rescue heros for mister connor...
oooh boy.
I'm thinking next summer...
when you're on your way to the beach....
you stop in to see me and the gab....
and get yourself some boylietoylies ;)
......
ok,
Funny stories from last week.
(aka why I win the bad mother of the year award....again)
We are looking at houses....
We get out of the truck to meet the realtor...
My boys are all wearing hoodies and jeans.
Jared's has hockey on it, Coltens is navy blue, and Jack's has baseball on it.
The lady comes over and says "OOOOOOOOOh look, we have miss hockey, miss baseball, and little mister cool."....she then looks back at my oldest, and says "And isn't she pretty."
At this point, I can't make eye contact w/ the realtor because I know I'm going to start laughing uncontrollably.....Do I correct her? nooooo...
Does my husband? noooo...
So, Jared is bright red....
Jack is so use to being called a girl, he just blows it off...although I could tell he was relishing the fact that his brother had been mistaken as well.
We go inside and the first bedroom has this girlie arched window...
the woman turns to Jared, who now I can't look at either because I'm giggling...
and says "I bet I can guess whose room THIS will be" :)
OMGOSH....
When we finally left.....Jared was not only planning a haircut, but listing reasons why we would not be living in that house we'd also not be using that realtor....
I couldn't stop laughing......
bad mommy, bad mommy.
.....
Colten fell asleep on the way back to the hotel,
getting out of the truck, he grabbed what he thought was his red coat..
it was actually his dad's swim trunks...
he put his head through the leg opening, and then said....
"Mom, I can't get my coat on...."...
I of course burst out laughing yet again.
.....
There were a few other amusing things but I'll spare you..., it was a fun week.
We swam, and swam, and swam....
Well, I swam some and read magazines by the side of the pool some....
it was nice.
My boys will all be enrolling in swim lessons after we move....
yikes...
can you say doggie paddle....
not good...
hard to believe their mother actually was on swim team, certified as a lifeguard, and scuba dived......perhaps her boys should know an actual stroke?!?! HA!

Christmas was lovely.
The grinch tried to bring the stomach flu Christmas Eve...
but I held tight to the aerosol can of Clorox.....and only Jared succumbed.
Poor guy.
We were all well for the big morning though,
and the boys were spoiled....
Jack did not receive an IPOD, but did get a gameboy DS,
along with his brothers, so that more then made up for it.
He also got a furby which is mildly amusing for all....
Gabby, Mike and Maxwell came for dinger...
DELISH....
brought some fab gifts for all of us...
all in all a very nice day :)
Their gift to jack....an electronic basketball hoop....
Is it wrong that my husband and I drank and played fisher price ESPN basketball last night?!? HA!!!

I got some very comfy striped jammy pants, and some furry white slippers that look like muppets on my feet that I'm still wearing as I type this at what ....1:30pm....
WHOOPSIE :)
Christmas break rocks!
xxxe

***This is ridiculously long...I apologize....

11 comments:

gabbyfek said...

omg.
best post ever.... holy crap. i'm dying over here... i appreciate you started with the baby news....
;)
not our babies.
but important nonetheless.
cracking me up, smalls.
i love Christmas break...
even tho mine is over after today.
suckola.
ps i am also still in my jammies.
rock on us......
off to go bother the dogo argentinio... ;)
xoxoxoxoox,
g

Missy said...

I would have to second gabby, this is the best post ever.

And here in the great state of ohio- it's 2pm. And MY WHOLE FAMILY is still jammified... so don't feel bad about staying in those PJs;)

I will be taking a picture of my family room to show you how much connor does NOT NEED any more rescue heroes... but you know, I would still take them in a heartbeat.

You are so not the worst mom! you are, however, the funniest :) and I love that about you!!

I'm so glad your christmas was great... and the flu bug was kept (a little) at bay.

Sarah said...

(outrageous giggling!) oh man. I so get you about laughing at your kids (yes, laughing AT not WITH.) and swimming? My kids have no skillz, whilst I was swim girl extraordinaire. As for selling the house? Take a lower price! Works every time! ;)

And no gabby did not say smalls.

You're killing me.
......
......
.....AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHH! Smalls! Gotta finish it! Have to say the whole phrase every time. Feel much better now. Pha-yew.

Chares Square Co-op said...

Wicked read dear E.
11:46am...all jammified as well here in BC
I don't know how you get anything done with all the laughter going on in your life.
Kids are the BEST source of random real amusement.
Yipee for holidays!!! :)
xog(2)

Anonymous said...

omg! too funny ,e! and, um, I hate to tell you that you can't win the bad mommy of the year award because it's already been won...by me.

so jealous you are all still in your jammies...I'm already on my second day at work.

-moon

ps.i loved "meet the barkers" too

Mara said...

so glad you had a wonderful vaca and x-mas.

you rocked this post, e thang.

missed ya.

Jamie said...

No need to apologize about that one E! I love the lengthy ones! I'm so glad you had a wonderful holiday! Funny "bad mommy" stories! :)

Jessica O'Brien said...

hehe it was long but i loved reading it. damn i need to take a break from house stuff and catch up on blogs! xo

Jen said...

It may be long...but it was funnneee.
Your boys do not look like girls. That woman is an idiot.
Travis and Shanna...hmm...odd couple. But they make cute babies. Have you SEEN their little boy?? he's a doll.
And it's Xmas vacay...you're SUPPOSED to be in your jammies.

Just Me said...

that's hilarious!!! glad you had a good holiday!!

darcy said...

*e*... that's it. You completely crack me up. I agree with Gabby when she said this is your best post ever. HILARIOUS! What are family get-to-gether's like with you and Gabby? I can't imagine.. I wanna come to the next one.