Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Let the fun begin!

whirlwind moving week for me....
people here packing today and tomorrow....
loading the truck thursday,
and arriving to our new house on friday :)....
i'm excited and stressed all at the same time.
thought i should update the bloggage before i'm gone for awhile...

i finished up my cj entry for squillen's RAW journal....
(Real Amazing Women....not wrestling)....
Posted that and got it mailed....priorities! ;)
Working on my new cj for my happyscrappy cj group... excited about that one.
I'm loving the whole cj thing....inspires me....makes me think....
i like having one ....soon two .....to look forward to every month.
Such amazing talent in these groups......love it.

in other exciting news...
my van got repaired......
$600+ later...i can say, hmmm, so THAT is why the brake light was on....
actually i'm happy to report i TOLD my hubby that the brake light was in fact on...
to which i got a....."sweetheart...it's a glitch in your indicator light....it's fine"....
hmmmmmmm..... that was OCTOBER....
does it feel good to be right about such things?
yes, a little... ;) shhh-hhh...don't tell colin.

my sofa has been broken for....well, for forEVER.....
colin sat on it...
and broke it.
in his defense....perhaps it was a faulty leg...???
whatever...
anyway...
being the classy individuals we happen to be...
we took all the legs off, and placed said sofa on the ground.
then the boys broke the leg on the ottoman...
yes, there is a trend in my home...
e is not to have nice furniture...
anyway,
we promptly took the legs off that as well...
so my sofa and chair have been lowriding....and
i've been complaining..... asking ever soooo nicely...
to have them fixed...
for hmmm....a year maybe?
never got them fixed....
this weekend..
my husband spends......oh, about 20minutes..
and fixes them both.
WTF?
ok, so i'm happy about that....and confused as to why this took so long....all at the same time.

Because I haven't mentioned it in awhile...
i hope you're all watching Meet the Barkers....
when landon dropped the salt in the oj...
very funny moment for me...
i enjoy that show so.....
nothing mara....notevenapeep....

ok, miss me...
ask me questions...
talk amongst yourselves...
i shall return...xxe

***Thank you for all the fab teacher gift ideas...
i'm going w/ a giftcard for dinner... :)
i wish i had more time to make something to go along w/ it....
the picture of jack shows how he returns from school most days....with streamers made into headbands...tons of artwork....and a happy smile.
the only thing we will miss from here, besides our friends, is that school....

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy seems like a lot of husband bashing today... No sense defending myself as most of the time I am guilty as charged.

RACHEL =) said...

ROFL, COLIN IS TOO CUTE, ERIKA!!!

SO WOW, MOVING WEEK, HUH?! WISHING YOU BRIGHT, SUNNY DAYS, NOOOOO RAIN!! MY SISTER HAD RAIN ON BOTH DAYS, NOT FUN!

IT WOULD DEFINITELY BE HARD TO LEAVE A SCHOOL THAT YOUR BOYS HAVE GROWN ACCUSTOMED TOO... AND THAT THEY ENJOY AND TRULY LIKE. BUT JUST THINK THAT THEIR NEXT SCHOOL WILL BE "THE ONE", YA KNOW?! HOPEFULLY THEY'LL GROW TO LIKE IT JUST AS MUCH!!!

WILL MISS YA FOR SURE... HAVE FUN, AND POST SOME PICS OF THE BIG DAY WHEN YOU RETURN!!! =)

darcy said...

Awe.. good luck moving! I hope it all goes well. I hope that the movers don't break anything.. especially those beloved legs on the ol' couch. =) Crack me up...

Anonymous said...

OK, here's my question...so how long will you be gone?

gabby gone.
now you gone.
what am I to do?!

you have a good husband there.
he can admit when you're right AND he can fix things.

I'll miss you!

-moon

love the cj...so rockin'!

Anonymous said...

hmmmmm... sounds alot like my house. ask and ask for a few little things to be done and now that we're going to move *voila!* and it's done. some people's husbands, right?

Jessica O'Brien said...

Hey I LOVE Meet the Barkers too! Landon is the cutest little kid ever and I totally want to kidnap him. Ahh I should be their new nanny! ;)

Mara said...

your CJ rocks!
You rock.
Glad you're not low ridin anymo'.
Good luck on the moooooooooooooove.
Can't wait to hear about the new digs.

Anonymous said...

Hee, hee Erika! Your hubby sounds A LOT like mine. Seems like there's always something that needs fixin' that he just lets go broken for eons. :)

Good luck with the move! Moving SUCKS... hate it! Can't wait to see pics of your new place!

AWESOME cj entry! Love it... you're so cute!

Colleen said...

hope you have an easy, stress free move! have a great week, and have fun settling into your new house!!!

Sarah said...

We'll miss you!!!

And oh, the twenty minute repair job. Those usually take about 3 years to do in my house to. I'm with ya, and no offense to your DH or mine....it's just the way it goes.

My laundry is spinning in the dryer on round FOUR, (yes 4) so I can't really talk.

gabbyfek said...

SISSER.
i loooooooooooooooooooooove that page...
and i miss you.
wahhhhhhhhhh.
love that colin fixed the sofa.
tee hee.
that's making me giggle.
not loving that i can't talk to you....
xox,
g

Jamie said...

I hope that your moving goes well! Hopefully it wont be to hrash on your poor furniture! :)

Anonymous said...

sweet erika!
i got that freaking awesome CJ in the mail today and i am YET AGAIN in awe of you!!!!!
is it funny that i totally feel like i've met you now because i spent the week w/ gabby???
she said you're just like her but quieter...
so in my mind i've already met you and totally bonded!
i hope the house moving has gone well, and that you hurry up and get that computer running so we don't have to miss you forever!

Chares Square Co-op said...

e i miss you and i haven't even met you.
but...after meeting your sister and the girl who i love so much...
i know i would love you too.
i'm sad that you weren't there...but i understand.
i forgive you.
what with moving and all.
i am sending you happy (yeah!!???) moving vibes...
or at least that it all gets done without any broken bones or major breakdowns.
and just think...no more commutage and weeks apart from the man.
love you and talk soon!