Friday, January 13, 2006

Restaurants, Cats, Tats, and a Lake....

"Colin said... You forgot your most important job, mother to our future soccer stars, rock stars, and restaurant entrepreneurs."
awwww..baby ;)
Love this man...yes, i do.
AND...he's coming home tonight for the weekend.
Makes me so happy.
Even when he makes me crabby....he is still nice to have around ;)
SO, I didn't list "mommy" as a job, because honestly...it's a blessing to me, not a job.
Or at least it's a job I love so much that putting it next to hotel front desk is just...well....wrong.

Had to laugh when he wrote our future soccer/rock stars and restaurant entrepreneurs though.
Jared and Colten have come up w/ this rather elaborate plan that involves playing professional soccer long enough to earn the money to buy their own restaurant....
I have no idea how this idea came to be....but they talk about it a lot....
and they have many details worked out....seating, menu, lighting.....
Colten recently added a "little stage, maybe fo some live music".
Oh, and if you noticed rockstar...
yeah, guess which one is aspiring to that?
Yep...the Jack.
Shocked? I think not.
I love hearing them talk about "what they're going to be when they grow up"....
just as long as they stay little for a LOT longer ;)
Oh, and Klala....
how about in 10 years or so I send them to you for a little apprenticeship at Mosaic? hmmm?!?? They'll work for food....and they're cute ;)

SO, last night, after nursing the headache that would not leave the live long day...
I was sacked out on the couch...watching tv...
when low and behold I see they've made a movie about the urban legend that growing up scared me the most....
The one where the babysitter comes over, and the phone rings and the voice says "have you checked the children".....uh huh....
later the police trace the call to inside the house.
OK, yes...soooooo... it looks horribly dumb....
BUT when you're home alone...
and the kids are upstairs...
and as soon as that preview is over the door makes a funny noise...
Yeah, I was on the phone waking my husband up...yes I was....
I believe he called me a dork...
I still wasn't completely convinced someone wasn't in the house w/ me as I went to bed last night.
nope.
hate scary movies...
and their previews...
when Colin is gone....

Ok, so before I sign off for the weekend.
Lake photos are for Darcy....
who is just adorable...and has a funny cat.
She also, come to find out, lives near the lake that my husband
spent EVERY summer as a child at.
So, here are some photos of my boys at that same lake....
some old some new....
(was Colten not the cutest baby EVER?!?)

Secondly....Tattoos.
What do you like about them, and what do you hate.
Like ..."I hate skull tattoos" or "I like bunny ones"
(horrible examples yes...but you know what I mean)
I'm designing one for my hubby and want some input...and inspiration ;)
Y'all are good for that....a very inspiring bunch.
The plan is......
I design something fabulous....we send him to see Garver ....
and I get to see Nunez.... ;) ahhh-yah....
Happy Weekend! xe

15 comments:

gabbyfek said...

my sister is the best.
with the cutest boylies.
ever.
yeah... and colin pretty much rocks... and isn't completely obsessed w/ xbox...
;)
let me just tell you that i LOVE your posts. pretty much more than anything else... you crack me up, sister. between this and the et tu brute comment this morning. yeah. funny girl. that's what you are.
oh-- and tats.
hmmm.
i don't like bunnies. or skulls.
love you.
xox,
g

Colleen said...

ooo...miami ink. loooovin that show man. makes me homesick, makes me want more tats.

as for tats...girl, it's gotta be from the soul. something that is him. that when you see it you know it is him. if he can pull off a bunny, that's hot

RACHEL =) said...

Ooooh.... I HATE scary movies too, nothing worse that being home alone w/your child and you hear something and are deathly afraid to even move... oh, I have been there sister!!! NOT FUN! And I've called my hubby a MANY o'cassions on this particular subject!!!!

Tats... hmm... no bunnies, no skulls, no "holes", no flames, no nudies... will keep thinking about this one ;)

Oh, and btw, I looooooove the pics!!! SO CUTE!! =)

Missy said...

no scary movies... thankyouverymuch.

the boylies are too cute... with their future dreams...

and tats? I like them... as long as they have meaning. None of this "this looks cool" stuff. that won't cut it.

Sarah said...

Delicious babies. Delicious.

And no fear about the creepy bad guy in the house, he's here now. Let me just go turn all the lights on now.....
A guy I dated in college had a huge speedy gonzales tat on his calf. Not so much.

Chares Square Co-op said...

OK
first of all, yes hubby cutie
2nd omg i SAW that commercial and yep freak city when alone @ home
3rd tatty? love em have one.just discussing another w/ hubby tonight. i have to design 1 too!
celtic-typish w/ japanese influence...???
share share share as you go k?

Jude said...

tattoos.
i have three.
they all mean something significant.
i hate CORNY tattoos that girls get cuz they were drunk or because they quite simply think its "cute".
i mean strawberry shortcake or tweety bird?
BLECK.
YUCK.
but if you mean it...and you love it and marks a time period or you never want to forget something.
I LOVE THAT.
and you.

Mara said...

ahh yes, scary movies - not fun.
especially when home alone.
the boys are lookin' cutie in those pics.
you're such a good mom.
can you teach me how to do this some day, please?
and about the tats... i am not such a fan of snakes, skulls, dragons or chinese symbols that you forget what they mean 2 years after you get them.
:)

Unknown said...

Your boys have great ideas!!! Your photos are just too cute!

Ink ... it has to be something that represents something to him. Lee (my b/f) has a maple leaf on his calf because he was a Canadian ball player on a US University Team. He also has an infinity symbol with 8 points in the middle of his back symbolizing the 8 guys in his group from highschool.

Hope you find something that speaks your hubby :)

darcy said...

YEAH!!! Wawasee pics!!! Thanks so much for posting them for me!! I love the lake and next time you come up, you HAVE to let me know. We'll have a scrap date. You, me and Bailey the fat cat. =)

Anonymous said...

oh yes, i'd go see nunez for sure!
lol...
watching those shows totally makes me want to do the tattoo thing again, especially like the girl in hawaii who got flowers cascading down her back!
i so want that!
my fav for a guy though are arm bands.
i love the tribal looking ones,
and of course sun symbols.
soooooooo cool!
those pics of your boys?
cutest EVER!
that's it, i'm sending my boys to camp willard!

Jen said...

OMG!!! That stupid freaking preview. ACK...Scared the BEJEEZUS out of me too e. And it's on all the time!!!! Ick.

I love your posts about your boys...your love for them just shines through, that is EXACTLY what I want someday. Exactly.

Jessica O'Brien said...

First off, I love your boys and their dreasm! My boyfriend says he 'wants in on their plan'. hehe

Second, Jack can rock the Uggs. Any kids can. Kids are cute in them. Its the 22 year old girls I have a problem with.... ;)

And third, tattoos.... I have had a lot of friends and boyfriends (umm almost all of them!) with tattoos and spent a lot of time at parlors in college. [how do I not have any?!]

To me, I like them most when they have some significance or mean something. My ex bf had a rose on his forearm because his last name was LaRosa, he had a big stereo/ghettoblaster on his stomach with music notes coming out of it and the words "its only rock 'n roll" from the Rolling Stones song. Purposely ironic like its *only* rock and roll, but its his life and his passion so much its tattooed on him.

Scott has 5 but I hate them all (shhh don't tell!) because they'd mean the same thing on anyone else as they do on him and thats not cool to me. I personally like a lot of good color in them, but it just depends what style he is drawn to.

Just Me said...

OMG!! i want a tattoo so bad!! i just can't decide what i want...i need somebody to draw it for me!! i TOTALLY want to see what you do for your hubby!!

My New Blog!

Jamie said...

Your boys couldn't BE any cuter?!? Seriously.

Tattoos. Hhmm. I don't like dreamcatchers, whole sleeves, peoples names, or anime. I have a tiny one that I love. I'll post a pic sometime. :)

Thanks for the birthday love girl! You're the cutest! :)