Thursday, January 05, 2006

R.A.K.

OK....
So I never knew what RAK meant....
until last week, when I finally asked Gabby.
I kept thinking surely it was something so blatantly obvious....I should know it,
and I was just having another Jessica moment.
I finally gave up and called my sister.
Random Act of Kindness...who knew?!?....
(ok, besides everyone but me... )

SO, here is the deal...
Let's play guess what made e's day today ;)
And Gabby will send the winner a RAK....ur, noooo, wait, I will...heehee..
But Gabby can't play because she already knows, and she'd have guessed right anyway.
I'll tell you the complete story after the guessing....
but hints include...
She was my first FAVORITE scrapper.
She is a Garden Girl.
And she's super cool and fabulous...
OH...AND SHE EMAILED ME this morning... :)
heehee...
ok, it was in response to the story I'll share later..
but guess who?!?
Made my day...yes it did.
Shockingly...two lines can make me this happy....but it did.
I'm a dork.

Later today I got into a cyber fight w/ my "homeschool support group"
because let's just say there is a fine line on what some people consider
"support" and "Christian"...
but that's another story...
and I'm trying to not let it ruin my high from this morning. :)
xxxe

OH, and because I feel every post must have a photo....
there's my skaterboy....w/ his new shoes.
Cool huh?
Yep, he and Jared can now SKATE through stores...schools...streets...
LOOKout! HA! *Great shot Gab... :)

*******OOOOk....little update,
because I'm feeling like when you all hear what the email was about you're going to go...
"ah, e, THAT was dumb".....
So, let's clarify:
Noooooooo GG loved my gallery....
Noooooooo DT was offered.........
actually it was an email I sent, and a reply.....and it all has to do w/ Jack's hair (which sounds really dumb...yet again, I realize this) it was actually completely un-scrap related in context.
And everyone you're naming I LOVE LOVE LOVE .....Lisa McGarvey is AMAZING...
and I really would pee-in-my-pants if ANY of them emailed me...
but this was more like, say, I emailed Martha Stewart (who I adore)
and she took the time to personally email me back type of thing.....
ON the bright side, even if no one guesses......
I FEEL MUCH MUCH better knowing I wasn't the only one that didn't have a clue what a RAK was!!! HA! xe***********

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I'll say Lisa McGarvey, cause I LOVE her. But WHOEVER, they emailed you!!!!!! So super exciting!

Sorry about the cyber fight. That sucks. I know exactly the type of people you are dealing with. EXACTLY. I was a home schooler myself. Email me if you want to vent.

Mara said...

Umm, I think it was Marie or Elsie or something like that and I think they told you that you were the f'n coolest person in the world... Or they asked you to design something or be on a DT of some sort.

Okeeeeeeeee....?!

I didn't know what RAK was either. Thank god I am not the only one. ;)

Missy said...

I'm guessing Ali E...
just because she was my first fave scrapper :)

RACHEL =) said...

OMG, THIS IS SO FUNNY... I ASKED GABBY WHAT RAK MEANT TOO... BWAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I THOUGHT *I* WAS THE ONLY ONE, HEE HEE!!

OK... a Garden Girl.. your FAVORITE... hold on, let me go look..........

It's a toughie, but I say: LISA MCGARVEY too, cuz she is sooooooo amazing, one of my favs!!!! Her style just rocks! And she sent you an emal to tell you how much she loves your gallery and that your style ROCKS!!!!

gabbyfek said...

dying over here.
tee hee.
you are the coolest person in the world.
and i soooooooooooo want to guess.
but wait, cuz i know, it's not a guess....
RAK RAK RAK
win my RAK....
i love you.
i'll call you in the morning...
xoxo,
g

Anonymous said...

Was it Elsie?? Hmmmm...I didn't know what RAK meant for THE longest time either- then someone else on the boards asked and many answered explaining it. I was like "OH! Of COURSE that's what it means.." I would've guessed EVENTUALLY.not. Yep- I'm blonde. And proud!...sorta.

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad Erika... it took me a looooooooong time to figure out what RAK meant also. I felt like the biggest idiot since it seemed everyone else knew but moi. So nope, you're not alone, lol!

As for the RAK contest I'm going to have to go with either Leslie Lightfoot or Rachel Ludwig. Okay, so I cheated a little... I picked more than one. Dont' ask why I picked them, just a guess. Can't wait to hear who it is!

Hugs!

darcy said...

I'm guessing Elsie but so did many other gals.

My real guess is Jennifer Harrison. She's got some cool stuff. =)

I had known what RAK meant awhile ago but I had forgotten. =) I'm blond too.