Tuesday, October 25, 2005

My Husband is Amazing....and Drawings that make you go HUH?...




SO, my husband took the day off of work to spend it at the pumpkin patch w/ Jack.
He did this so I could still school the big guys this morning...and because there is this annoying "no sibling rule" for field trips...
He is awesome. Such a good daddy, such a good husband. I'm the luckiest.

Funny Jackism for you all,
he looked at me yesterday in his field trip anticipatory excitement, and said....
"You know, you can come. You can just bring the kids".
Yep. My four year old said "you can just bring the KIDS" about his older brothers.
heehee....still makes me laugh.

On to four year old art.....
First off...my boys art, it's my favorite.
Kids still have that ability to just create for the sake of creating....they don't worry....
they just (simply stated) MAKE ART.
That said.
I know some of you aren't parents yet.
I know some of you will be soon...
so some words of advice.
When your four year old tells you it's a picture of you, dont' ask why it looks as though there is fire coming out of your butt.
Just let him tell you you're on the beach w/ fire, 2 scorpions, and an octopus.
DONT ASK WHY.

Don't ask, when he asks you in a very cute voice if his drawing looks like an "OWEO"....what tv show he's talking about.
Just smile and say yes.
What he's really saying is WARRIOR, and it will piss him right off if you think he's talking about cookies. (although that said, his drawing looks much more like a warrior then an oreo)

Smile and tell him it's WONDERFUL...that's all.
And folks, yes, apparently my son does think I have fire coming out of my butt....because, well, it's fire...and if you'll notice where it's coming from....
YEP...
Thank you very much.
xe

PS, My sister is having a bad day, so pop on over to the Maxxy Pad and say "hi" and let's cheer her up :)

8 comments:

gabbyfek said...

dude. YOU, of course, have me cracking up... particularly b/c you have fire coming out of your butt... and a FUNNY FUNNY FUNNY kid named jack who could make me laugh constantly-- regardless of anything else.
i love colin.
he's the best brother (yeah, no in-law part needed here), dad, and husband... he really is. i feel so lucky that he's part of our family. cuz we need all the sane parts we can find... ;)
i LOVE YOU. the mossess.
and your nubian goats.
and your pullets.
and your delicious buttery pecans.
so does max.
xox,
g

gabbyfek said...

p.s. when are you scrapping that photo of colin and jack?!?!
p.p.s. do you have to homeschool on your happy day tomorrow?!?!? ;)

Jude said...

you are the sweetest.
funniest.
bestest.
i love those boys...and the way in which you describe them.
and my boys will play with your boys in the very near future.
colin IS a good daddy.
and im so glad he makes you happy.
so apparently jack jack thinks you need hemroid cream...
i can't spell hemroid..but you know what i mean.

Mara said...

omg, how cute are your kiddos?! love the pics, even if you do have fire coming from your butt :)

you are ms. posty lately. i likes it!!

back to the training :(

Sarah said...

There is nothing like a four year old!

That picture is amazing. AMAZING.

Colleen said...

hahaha...i'm rolling over here. you crack me up girl. and i love that freakin title of your blog. love it!!

Jen said...

First....Hap Hap Hap Hap Happy Birthday, my shiny new friend E!!!

I want babies. Like now. But it's not happening as fast as I'd like it too...grrrr.....but it will happen.....then I'll come calling for some more Mommy advice. Will have to 'member bout the drawrings. (Does ANYONE rememeber that show on PBS with the talking pen or something that went "I like to draw my drawrings??" Or is it just me?)

And again, enjoy your day, you are wonderful and deserve it.

pakosta said...

happy happy birthday to yoU! hope you have had a fabulous day!!!!!! love your boys drawings and you are such a great mama!!! tara