Thursday, April 24, 2008

Anyone?!?....please.....

If anyone is at all familiar with IEPs,
and has any advice on how to somehow incorporate OT on a speech IEP....please let me know.
If you don't feel comfortable commenting on the blog, you can email me at ewillard9@gmail.com. Coley had an IEP for speech and OT in Ohio, however in AR speech is a stand alone service, and OT is not.
SO, I need to either give up and admit defeat, or figure out how the two service could relate.
Fine motor skills and speech....hmm....

Interesting fact about AR that I was unaware of...
dyslexia is not considered a learning disability here...
and therefore will not qualify you for any services by itself.
Yeah.
Cool, huh?
Writing is really overrated when it comes to education.
Anyway, I'm not going to rant about my frustrations, just thought maybe someone somewhere could lend some insight that I haven't considered yet...

And if you are trying to figure out what IEPs and OTs and the rest of the nonsense means because you have no idea....
don't.
It's confusing, and exhausting, and ridiculous...
consider yourself lucky NOT to know what any of it means....

And because I can't not have a photo on a post.....
HEY, whoever send me this..... you really know how to make someones day!
It even found me in AR....how awesome is THAT?!?
There is nothing better than getting mail. Actual mail mail.
And that is complete hypocrisy coming from me, since I can't seem to find my way to the post office to mail anyone anything....
baby steps...
I know...
I'm working on it.
Anyway, thank you...

1 comment:

essie said...

Hey you-
I'm on it!
I'll get back to you later today...right now I'm getting ready to become the lead story on CNN as I take my class on our first field trip downtown on the STRASSE (street car that goes a zillion miles an hour)AFTER only being at school on MONDAY this week!!

Can you say:
"International Incident in the Making?!!"

um...yikes.
Back to the Coley-O...
I'm on it!

love and hugs and more LOVE!
xoxox
E2