Tuesday, September 23, 2008

September 23rd

This is the (morning) face of 14.
14 and enjoying his birthday cinamon rolls and smoothie. 14
Such a far cry from this little boy on his first birthday. As I looked through his baby photos this morning,
I wasn't sad.
Sure I miss those baby years.
And the little boy-ness.
I'm sad I only get him here in our house for five more years.
But I'm so proud of the man he's becoming,
it's hard to be anything but happy.
He's honestly one of my favorite people. ever.
I love his wicked sense of humor.... and how calm and easy-going he is. I really could go on and on about my son. He's just that cool.
He gave me my family. He made me a mom.
On this day fourteen years ago.
The moment they handed him to me in the hospital it was like
There you are.
I've known you forever, and now you're here.

Thou art my firstborn, my might, the first sign of my strength, excelling in honor, excelling in power.
-Genesis 49:3

Happy Birthday Jared! We love you!

5 comments:

essie said...

Biggest birthday wishes to J...
we hope 14 is everything you want it to be and more!

Watch the mail!
xoxoxoxox
Esther, Tony, Pres, Dollie, and Ben

essie said...

and e...cherish the years ahead...I know I'm only one faster, but you get one more year.

We're looking at 18 more credits until Preston goes to college.

college.
lucky mommas-
lucky, blessed, oh so lucky mommas!
i love you-e2

sarah said...

aw, this post brought happy tears to my eyes! I especially love that you say your son is one of your most favorite people ever...that is awesome!

happy HAPPY birthday to Jared! :)

Unknown said...

this post totally made me teary eyed...i can just feel the love you have for him...and i love that he is one of your fav people

gabbyfek said...

awwwwwwwwwwww
this got me all teary.
love you and j so.
xoxoxo.