Sunday, January 03, 2010

We should get jerseys cause we make a good team
But yours would look better than mine,
cause you're outta my league
And I know that it's so cliche to tell you that everyday
I spend with you is the new best day of my life
...
And I'm racking my brain for a new improved way
To let you know you're more to me than what I know how to say
You're OK with the way this is going to be
This is going to be the best thing we've ever seen
If anyone can make me a better person you could
All I gotta say is I must've done something good
I came along one day and you rearranged my life
All I gotta say is I must've done something right
I must've done something right
(Relient K)
...

so...
somethings I'd like to improve/learn/work-on/do this year...
also known as New Years Resolutions...

*and please note, I like to make these lists, but I'm not so much a pressure-ones-self type of girl, so it's a laid back list...please don't yell at me next January if I've not completed even half of it.
Because trust me, I won't.

Esther quote:
resolutions.
should be happy colored pen filled squares of FUN
not pressure...

I would like to learn to knit.
I would like to learn to sew.
I want to scrapbook more...at least once a week.
I want my photos printed. caught up. and in albums.
I want to work on my organization.
(specifically in regards to menu planning, preparation and grocery shopping...ick. I'm bad at this)
I want to take a vacation with my family.
(*a vacation that doesn't constitute staying in a hotel for soccer or baseball)
I'd like to work on getting in better shape.
(cliche, but true-che)
I want to read more...1-2 books a month sounds like a reasonable goal.
I want to draw some.
I want to be more present in the now, and focus less on the future.
I would like to work on being friendlier...even when I don't feel like it...but without being fake.
(is that possible? sometimes I come off as being "not nice"...I know....shocking huh?)

happy colored typewritten lines of FUN...
here is to 2010.
Cheers!

ps. the chocolate fountain...really
best.
thing.
ever.
I'm just saying...

pps. I can not believe school starts tomorrow. Tomorrow morning is going to be brutal.

7 comments:

sarah said...

if you come visit me you could cross like four things off at once. FOUR. and i'd drink beer with colin to make him feel a part of the vacation ;)

xx.
p.s. when you come visit me on your vacation, please bring the fountain. YUMMMMMMMMMMM!

audrey neal said...

we're coming to your house for new year's eve next year because, yeah, that picture? perfect. absolutely perfect.

i'm liking the look of your resolutions too -- those are the kinds of things that I find myself wanting to work on too. good luck with them!

pakosta said...

hey e! love the picture, so cool! my girls are jealous of the choc. fountain! great, now I know our next purchase! ha!
I just caught up my girls photo albums to 2009! Now I need to buy a few more. AND I need to get some scrapbooks to put all those layouts in....My goals are soooooo similar, gosh we are alike!
One of our family goals is to take a family beach house vacation, only an hour away on Lake MI! I have wanted to do this for about 5 years or longer!
love your happy list of goals!
tara

gabbyfek said...

you = the best. ever.
i'm sure the fountain is the best ever, too, but in a different way.
xo.

essie said...

so with the gab on this.
and the rainbow love for 2010...
works for me too!

bringing me to the make of said choco-love-ness as my fountain was shipped here WITHOUT a power cord rendering it
u.s.e.l.e.s.s.
*sigh*

i cannot wait to s"eeee" you in our mornings, (i took my picture this morning...)and if you moved HERE
every day would be a vay-cay!
for realsy.

love you!!!

essie said...

ps-you are WHOA friendly
and i should know!
also, you are doing a superb job on the table setting festivus, if i do say so myself!

muwah

Jessica O'Brien said...

such a cool celebration! love you captions.

i have a lot of the same resolutions - scrapping, being present. best of luck.